So, I write I will blog tomorrow... and then everything has been crazy!! So let's start at last weekend
June 18-20
Nicholas had his 6 month doctor appointment this morning. He is a pro at shots! He cries when the needle is going in and then he is over it. Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because it doesn't make me upset when he is getting these shots, but seriously folks, I don't look. I am trying to hold down the little monsters' arms!! I think he handles shots better than I can take them!
Around noon Nicholas and I headed to Ankeny, with Eric and Tink to follow after Eric got off work. We drove seperatly so I could bring the Canfield girls back with me on Sunday. Getting into town a few hours earlier than usual was nice. I was able to go with my dad, Kelly and Alex to Old Chicago for dinner and then K$ came over to the Miller's to hang. Eric and Tink came into town around 11:30.
Saturday was a BUSY day and Nicholas' half birthday!! Nicholas and I went and visited the Hill family that morning, so we could pick up Erin to go garage sale shopping. The kids had fun hanging out together until we left. Nicholas only made it to one sale because a) it was freakin hot and I couldn't carry his car seat without breaking a sweat and b) I bought him a new activity center at the first sale and we needed space! After Erin and I were done shopping, Nicholas and I went over to visit the Canfield-Barrett clan for a little bit. Then we went over to Claire and Dustin's for Declan's 5th birthday party. After eating cake and watching him open presents we rolled on to the Big 0 Bash.
All of Declan's loot!
A number of people in the Owens were having milestone birthday's this year. Grandpa turned 80, Ji turned 60, Joe and Mark 50, Heather 40 and a number of people turned 30 (Rae, Kim, Adam, Justin, Tracy, Kurt... I think I got them all...). They reserved a shelter at Easter Lake. We were supposed to start out playing sports, but since it was 95, we just hung out under the roof! After dinner we had our third white elephant auction. Yes, our family is nerdy but we are the funniest group of people you will ever meet! All of the items brought is about $165 which was then won by KB.
The Owens family crew
June 21-24
The Canfield girls are taking a number of vacations starting mid July so I figured if I want them to come out here I better make it early in their summer break! I usually keep super busy while they are here and I think this trip was the same.
Monday - our plan was to go to Nicholas' Gymboree class at 10:15 and then head to the zoo. So, we get to Gymboree, start playing and then I realize that his class is at 11:45 on Monday's!! Whoops. Luckily it was the end of free play so about 15 minutes later we headed to the zoo. It was the BEST day to go (thanks Eric). There was talk of rain, so that scared everyone away, but no rain at all! We got there at 11 and left at almost 4, and still didn't see everything. We saw tons of animals, picnic-ed with our Lunchables, rode the train... busy, busy, busy! That night we went shopping for a bit, but Eric texted us at 8 that there was a tornado watch so we headed home. It later turned into a warning so we hung out in the basement for an hour or so.
Tuesday - the girls wanted to go to Build-A-Bear so this day we went to the mall for a few hours. They got new animals, we ate lunch at Panera and then a little more shopping. Sadly, I lost their Build-A-Bear bag with the birth certificates and a pair of shoes Ashley had picked out for her bear. Of course, no one turned it in :-( That night we went and saw Toy Story 3. We all really liked it. Afterwards we tie-dyed some shirts and socks.
Wednesday - we just hung out in the morning and watched Toy Story 2. That afternoon we went back to Gymboree for Family Play. On Monday Ashley really wanted to play, but wasn't able to since it wasn't an open gym time. She LOVED running around and playing. When Eric got home, the girls and I went to the outlet mall. Ashley loved this shirt at Old Navy and the only one they had was on the display... and it was her size. So we undressed it and bought it for her! Ali had turned 12 a few days before and I didn't get her a gift so she bought some tank tops and a t-shirt at Aeropostale. Although our favorite stop was at Bath and Body Works. They were having a huge sale so we were able to get $53 worth of items for $22!
Thursday - the girls, Nicholas and I headed back to Ankeny around 11. We had a number of things to do before we go, but were only 8 minutes later than I wanted to leave! We had made some car bingos and other travel games for the car ride so it was something fun and new to do for the 6 hours. It went by fairly quickly so I was happy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment