Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shot, shot, shot...

Well, that describes Nicholas' afternoon. No, I didn't take him to the local bar, but we did hit up the Waukesha Department of Health!

Back story (insert dream sequence hands here) - Nicholas' first year doctor appointment ended up being closer to his 13 month birthday due to my forgetfulness of scheduling. When we finally had his appointment, Nicholas ears were a little red so they said we would have to wait for his shots until after he has been healthy for 2 weeks. The boy kept getting colds, but finally he was healthy!

Today we went to DHS for his shots. I was thinking 2 of his 12 month shots and then the flu shot. Since we are close to his 15 month birthday they said we could just do those shots today as well, 6 in total. I told her to go for it (side note: this conversation was going on in the waiting area. Nicholas was busy waving and high fiving everyone in the room. After she said 6 shots, I told Nicholas he wasn't going to be happy in a few minutes and everyone in the waiting room was laughing). He did cry at the shots, but luckily mom came prepared with a bottle to ease the pain.

Afterwards I decided to reward Nicholas (and get food to make dinner). I took Nicholas to the little toy area they have. There was a duck and a frog he liked so I held them both in front of him and asked which one he wanted. He grabbed them both at the same time. I told him, "Which ever one you stop playing with first we will put it away." He played with them both until it was time to check out so I had to get him both!

1 comment:

  1. Smart kid with the toys! Did I ever invite you to our blog? We went private at the beginning of the year,

    ReplyDelete